Gain Fireworks Can Cause Allergic Reactions: Reader Experiences
Gain Fireworks can cause allergic reactions, ranging from skin reactions like hives and rashes, to sneezing, headaches, and even difficulty breathing.
To be fair, this obviously doesn't happen to everyone who use it, and there are a LOT of people, including readers of this site, who absolutely love this product.
But what this product is is a scent booster. It actually has no purpose, laundry wise, except to add scent.
It isn't even a fabric softener. It just makes things smell. Many people like the smell, but still, that is what it does.
Since I learned, with my interview with a dermatologist, that scent is one of the main triggers of laundry allergies (the other is dyes) the fact that this product, which provides scent, causes allergic reactions for people isn't surprising.
This is especially true because the way the product is designed, it encourages you to add a lot of these little beads, so the smell is even stronger. So, while some people can handle a scent, when they overdose their laundry with it, this is another time I see readers sharing stories about allergic reactions. In this case when a little is good, a lot is not necessarily better!
Below you'll find reviews and experiences as told to me by readers who've had an allergic reaction to this product. If you've experienced such a reaction you can submit your experience to me here and I'll add it to the page.
Son Got Itchy Red Bumps & A Rash From Sweet Sizzle Scent
by SR101 Reader
After a long back track of trying to figure out why my son had developed what looked like welts and hives on his upper body -- looking for bed bugs, fleas, spiders, any other new products being used -- we have come to the conclusion it's Gain Sweet Sizzle that has produced what looks like red bite marks that swell.
How long does it take to leave all residue out of your washer? I read somewhere it can stick to the walls.
Even with Benadryl and cortizone, in 4 days time we've had new bumps pop up in new spots everyday.
What an unpleasant experience. I won't be buying another Gain product again.
***Update: Another reader, Kristin, commented that a similar thing happened to her. She said:
I have the same red rash, I even have to pay for an emergency room visit. They will not go away. GRRRR very disappointed.
There are affiliate links on this page, and if you purchase a product through them I receive a small commission. Purchasing through my links costs you nothing extra, but helps support the free information provided on this site and my family. To learn more please see my product review disclosure statement.
Comments for Horrible Rash After Using Gain Fireworks Moonlight Breeze
I hope you enjoy this gift, and stop by again soon!
CAUTION: This website is provided for informational purposes only. It is provided as is, without warranties or guarantees. Some stains and messes just won't come out, and are permanent. Further, some cleaning methods can harm your item, so if what you want to clean or launder is sentimental or expensive call a professional. See disclaimer of liability for more information.