Disposer Care Foam Review: Removed Yucky Stuff From Disposal
Disposer Care foam is a product used to remove yucky odors as well as waste build up from your home's garbage disposer system.
To do this it uses a blue foam which helps clean, and can dislodge nasty stuff from around the machinery.
This product comes in packets. To use it do the following:
1. Run your disposer briefly to ensure it is empty, and then turn it off.
2. Next, run a strong stream of hot water into the side of the sink having the disposer in it for approximately 1 minute, and then reduce the stream of the water to a trickle, approximately the width of a pencil.
3. Make sure that the water is not pouring directly into the disposer, but into the sink and then flowing into the disposer. (You'll keep this stream of water on through many of the next steps.)
4. The packets of cleaning product actually get ground up in the disposer, so don't open it but instead just drop the whole thing into the disposer, and then turn the disposer on. (If the powder inside the packet feels clumped knead and break it up with your fingers, while it remains in the closed package, before dropping it into the disposer.)
5. Once you've dropped in the packet the powder inside the package begins to foam. The cleaning process continues for approximately 3-4 minutes, until the foam disappears and you can hear a swish of water in your disposer.
Note that while you're running the disposer for this prolonged period of time the blue foam may rise into the sink, and if you've got a double sink it may rise on both sides.
6. Once the foam has disappeared from the drain itself you can rinse the remaining foam from the sink and turn off the disposer.
C.J. Petrosky shared this picture when he used Disposer Care foam to clean his garbage disposal, to illustrate what the product can do.
He said, "Gross! The foam is definitely strong enough to force up all the nasty junk stuck spinning around the disposal. Corn niblets, aquarium rocks, and plenty of unidentifiable stuff."
Has anyone else used this product for cleaning and removing odors from their garbage disposal? I would love to hear how it has worked for you, and your experiences with it.
You can share your review here for this or any other product for cleaning your disposal, or read other reviews and home remedies already submitted.
There are affiliate links on this page, and if you purchase a product through them I receive a small commission. Purchasing through my links costs you nothing extra, but helps support the free information provided on this site and my family. To learn more please see my product review disclosure statement.
I hope you enjoy this gift, and stop by again soon!
CAUTION: This website is provided for informational purposes only. It is provided as is, without warranties or guarantees. Some stains and messes just won't come out, and are permanent. Further, some cleaning methods can harm your item, so if what you want to clean or launder is sentimental or expensive call a professional. See disclaimer of liability for more information.